Monday, January 14, 2008

No more speculation about LT

So far I've posted all comments submitted here, but want to say upfront now that I don't want to post anymore speculation about who LT is or isn't. We all are curious, of course, and many of us have beliefs about her/his identity, but out of respect for the benefits of anonymous blogging (all of you except Dennis are anonymous, right?), I don't want to pursue this.

Also, it distracts us from the work of frank discussions aimed at improving schools for our students and community. I generally disagree with LT, but LT has a right to his/her opinions and to post them for all to consider. It is hard when it seems LT's posts are damaging to this process, yet LT has a right to remain anonymous just like the rest of us.

I also want to note that I won't try to respond to each comment posted here. I appreciate opposing points of view and at times will respond, but probably will respond less often than I did when I started this blog. But please don't be insulted if I don't respond to your comment or question. Other bloggers might have time to do this, but I do not. I started this blog spontaneously after becoming enraged at some of LT's comments. It seemed there needed to be at least one on-line voice with an alternative perspective, which I seek to offer. It would be great if others would start blogs on this topic, as well. Any takers?

No comments: