Tuesday, December 18, 2007

LT has a mostly good post

I checked out the blog at Lebanonsfortruthandreconciliation.blogspot.com today and was pleased to see a post I mostly agreed with. It's the first LT post I've agreed with, though I haven't read the archives, which may contain others. It's titled "Who is Responsible?" and reviews the roles all of us play in this Lebanon educational dilemma. I encourage you to check out this post. Generally, I don't read this blog due to negative rumors and gossip it spreads and perpetuates in what feels like an arrogant, hostile tone. But this post is softer and seemed more seriously concerned about reconciliation. Thank you, LT. Unfortunately, I don't have the answers to the questions LT asks. LT and I certainly don't agree with my proposed initial step of asking Robinson to resign, and with his role in the district's problems, but at least it seems there are some things we agree on. Noticing aspects of agreement may be another "first step".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely said! And very encouraging. It looks like everyone wants the same thing but have differing views on how to obtain it.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog Ginger!! You are doing a great job and hope you tell like it is!!! I can't believe you actually wrote what you told me.

IE said...

Thank you.

IE said...

anon #2 -- I have no idea who Ginger is. Sounds like she and IE may have similar views. Glad you like the blog though.