Saturday, April 12, 2008

Out of touch

Apologies to those who have missed this blog. I have over-committed in all domains of my life, so haven't blogged or read the other educational blogs in some time. I would like to be back on track soon, but am not sure this will happen in the near future.

Of course I was very pleased to see the board vote not to renew Jim Robinson's contract, yet it doesn't seem he'll be gone anytime soon. I fear he will hang around and work to support school board candidates at the next election who would initiate another vote to renew his contract if they are elected.

And to the person who asked if I wasn't blogging because of comments by Dennis...Heck no! I disagree with Dennis about most things local yet there is something about him I like: He's passionate about his views and will state them in no uncertain terms, and seems to really want a better educational system for Lebanon's youth even though he's wrong about the best ways to get there!

And as for LT, who last I heard was anonymous and I respect his/her right to remain that way, I just have been too busy to read her/his rants of late, and I suspect they haven't changed much.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

"...even though he's wrong about the best ways to get there!"

I have to admit I laughed out loud a tiny bit when I read that.

Russ said...

Good to see you back. You need to blog more often, not once a month!